Denver residents, we’re back at it with another photo contest! This time, we’re FALLing for composting those incredible fall colors.
Why is composting your fall leaves so important?
- It reduces the amount of waste that ends up in landfills
- It’s a great way to recycle
- It creates nutrient-rich soil
One of the easiest ways to compost your leaves is by participating in LeafDrop, a seasonal program offered by Denver Recycles, Ace Hardware and Denver’s Office of the City Forester. We make it easy to compost your leaves by offering free compostable bags!
Do you love fall?
The real question is, who doesn’t? Pumpkin-spice lattes, changing leaves, scarves (yes, us tree–folk love scarves), we’re all about the changing season. Fall is also an important time to admire Denver’s beautiful urban canopy as the season changes. It’s also an important time to take care of our environment, so that raked leaves don’t end up in landfills.
That’s why we’re inviting all Denver tree lovers to take part in our #CompostingColors photo contest. All photo submissions will automatically be entered to win $50 Ace Hardware gift cards! This time around, we also have a grand prize… and it will blow you away (or at least help you blow your leaves into a giant pile)… yes, it’s an EGO leaf blower.
Want to win Ace Gift Cards and maybe even a leaf blower?
Participating is as easy as one-two-TREE!
- Snap a photo of a colorful fall tree or a pile of raked leaves: It can be a branch, a leaf, a whole tree – even a whole lot of trees. It can be just a tree or you with a tree, your kiddo jumping in leaves– the possibilities are endless!
- Post the photo to your Instagram, Twitter or Facebook account using the hashtag #CompostingColors
- Want Bonus Entries? Submit a picture that includes your LeafDrop compostable bags and get 2 entries per photo. Don’t have social media? Or want to keep your profile private? Email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) your photo instead.The contest runs from Oct. 4 through November 11. Entry deadline is Nov. 11 at 11:59 p.m. MT.
How will the winners be selected?
Denver residents who submit photo(s) will be entered into a weekly drawing. At the end of each week (Oct. 7, 14, 21, 28, Nov. 4, 11) a winner will be selected to win a $50 Ace gift card. All entries from all weeks will be entered to win the grand prize.
The fine print.
No purchase necessary. Denver residents are eligible to win prizes by submitting an entry either through email or with the hashtag #CompostingColors. The Denver’s Office of the City Forester and Denver Parks and Recreation have the right to use the image on social media, websites, print or digital media. Photographers will not be compensated for the use of the photo outside of this contest.