Trees matter because:
- Shade plus cooling and evaporation can cool the air in Denver by up to 10 degrees, which can help prevent heat-related deaths and the heat island effect.
- One large tree can produce a day’s supply of oxygen for up to four people.
- Trees properly placed around buildings can reduce air conditioning needs by 30% and can save 20-50% in energy costs.
- Every dollar spent on planting and caring for a community tree yields benefits that are two to five times that investment.
- Research has shown that spending time around trees and nature reduces depression and anxiety.
And so much more!
What we’re trying to say is: trees do so much! Without trees, our lives would look and feel very different, which is why it’s up to us to make sure we’re doing our part by planting new trees and caring for the trees we already have.